Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
DoD gets money saving tips from aerospace industry
Friday - 8/20/2010, 4:12pm EDT
- Defense Secretary Robert Gates has asked all branches of the Defense Department to get creative in coming up with ways to trim their budgets -- and the Aerospace Industries Association of America has over 100 recommendations for them. They just sent the Pentagon a list of initiatives, and also explain why they think that the oversight process is driving up overhead costs.
- The Coast Guard Academy in New London Connecticut has been given top honors in this year's list of Best Colleges from U.S. World and News Report. 300 schools were ranked in the Regional Colleges (North) category, and the Academy earned the highest rating -- with a perfect score of 100. It's also featured among the best in other reviews of colleges and universities such as Princeton Review's Best in the Northeast and Forbes Magazine's America's Best Colleges 2010 edition.
Check out all of Federal News Radio's coverage of Defense issues here.