Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Is there really a mosque inside the Pentagon?
Thursday - 8/19/2010, 4:17pm EDT
DoD Report - Tune in weekdays at 40 minutes past the hour for the latest news on the Defense Department. The DoD Report can be heard on the Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Amy Morris (6-10 a.m.) and the DorobekINSIDER with Chris Dorobek (3-7 p.m.). Listen live at FederalNewsRadio.com or on the radio at 1500 and 820 AM in the Washington, D.C. metro area. The DoD Report is brought to you by Dell.
- Prior to last Sunday there hadn't been much attention paid to the Muslim services being held inside Room 1E438. They have been going on for the past 8 years. But all that changed last Sunday when Rep. Jerrold Nadler, D-N.Y., who represents the Ground Zero neighborhood, told CNN during a debate over the proposed New York City mosque, that there is a mosque inside the Pentagon. Turns out, that's not exactly true. WTOP's Mark Segraves fills us in.
- Gov. Bob McDonnell has written to President Obama and Defense Secretary Robert Gates blasting the proposed closure of the Norfolk-based Joint Forces Command, the Navy Times reports. McDonnell's letters join those of mayors from the Hampton Roads region who have complained about the thousands of jobs that will be lost. On Wednesday, four Virginia congressmen - two Republicans and two Democrats - will convene a round-table discussion in Suffolk against the proposal Both of McDonnell's letters say the decision to shutter JFCOM was made without thorough review and outside congressional guidelines for closing bases.
Check out all of Federal News Radio's coverage of Defense issues here.