Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
DoD: Chinese military transparency still lacking
Tuesday - 8/17/2010, 3:18pm EDT
- China has been emerging as a world economic powerhouse and is pouring billions of dollars into offensive and defensive military capabilities. A new report from the Pentagon says China's efforts to transform itself into a major military power is being done in a secretive manner, which could increase the potential for misunderstanding and military conflict with other nations. The Defense Department's annual assessment says "the limited transparency in China's military and security affairs enhances uncertainty and increases the potential for misunderstanding and miscalculation". The report also states that China is investing in anti-access technologies that would force U.S. naval and air forces farther from Chinese shores, and has fielded large numbers of short- and intermediate-range missiles and cruise missiles.
- And, are the proposed cuts to DoD's budget and programs just the beginning? Listen to Federal News Radio's new series, Pentagon Solutions on In Depth. Host Francis Rose talked with Mackenzie Eaglen of the Heritage Foundation and Winslow Wheeler of CDI about this developing issue.
Check out all of Federal News Radio's coverage of Defense issues here.