Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
New white paper outlines open government tips
Tuesday - 7/6/2010, 4:48pm EDT
- Need help when it comes to forming your open government plan at your agency? Microsoft just wrote a new white paper about managing risk and the evolving threat landscape. The company cites a variety of different cyber threats, as well as ways to mitigate them. It also outlines a "protection checklist", which includes info on HSPD-12 and FIPS, to name a few.
- Are you a cybersecurity innovator? Do you have the potential to significantly transform cyber infrastructure? Then the National Science Foundation's is looking for you. The NSF's Strategic Technologies for Cyberinfrastructure is seeking proposals for cybersecurity projects that are not currently funded by other programs. Potential proposals include development, deployment, research, and the education necessary to create cyber infrastructure. Participants are strongly encouraged to meet with National Science Foundation officers before submitting their proposals. Proposals must be submitted before August 5.
Check out all of Federal News Radio's coverage of cybersecurity issues here.