Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
New white paper outlines open government tips
Tuesday - 7/6/2010, 4:48pm EDT
- Need help when it comes to forming your open government plan at your agency? Microsoft just wrote a new white paper about managing risk and the evolving threat landscape. The company cites a variety of different cyber threats, as well as ways to mitigate them. It also outlines a "protection checklist", which includes info on HSPD-12 and FIPS, to name a few.
- Are you a cybersecurity innovator? Do you have the potential to significantly transform cyber infrastructure? Then the National Science Foundation's is looking for you. The NSF's Strategic Technologies for Cyberinfrastructure is seeking proposals for cybersecurity projects that are not currently funded by other programs. Potential proposals include development, deployment, research, and the education necessary to create cyber infrastructure. Participants are strongly encouraged to meet with National Science Foundation officers before submitting their proposals. Proposals must be submitted before August 5.
Check out all of Federal News Radio's coverage of cybersecurity issues here.