Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Cloud computing a cybersecurity risk?
Wednesday - 5/26/2010, 4:26pm EDT
- ICANN is getting help from a pretty important person. Greg Rattray is a principal at Delta Risk LLC, and security advisor to ICANN. On this week's Federal Security Spotlight, The former White House cybersecurity advisor, member of the National Security Staff and Air Force officer discusses how ICANN is helping to secure DNS. Hear the whole show tomorrow at 10 a.m.
- Is cloud computing a big risk for cybersecurity? That was the question posed to almost 300 IT professionals in a new 360 degrees IT Event survey -- and the results may surprise you. The majority of respondents say cloud computing will actually result in an improvement in their security defenses. Right now the biggest cybersecurity threat facing is the weakness of internal controls. Those same controls are not present in cloud computing. The cloud uses complete automation which happens out of sight of the operations staff and without any of the manual interventions that might create unintended weaknesses. Read more about cloud computing in the federal space at the Fed Cloud Blog.
Check out all of Federal News Radio's coverage of cybersecurity issues here.