Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
FBI investigates cyber 'money mules'
Thursday - 5/13/2010, 4:45pm EDT
Cybersecurity Update - Tune in weekdays at 30 minutes past the hour for the latest cybersecurity news on The Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Jane Norris (6-10 a.m.) and The Daily Debrief with Chris Dorobek and Amy Morris (3-7 p.m.). Listen live at FederalNewsRadio.com or on the radio at 1500 and 820 AM in the Washington, D.C. metro area.
- Cyber criminals know how to steal online funds and turn them into hard cash. Now the FBI is planning a major prosecution to bust up their operations. The Wall Street Journal reports that the FBI is targeting the "money mules" who receive transfers of stolen funds in their bank accounts. Criminals drain a bank account, transfer the stolen funds to a mule account, and make the transaction appear legitimate. The mule will then take the money out and send it to associates in Russia, Ukraine, or other countries. The prosecution is part of a yearlong effort to crack down on cyber crime, and the FBI hopes to raise public awareness and dissuade people from becoming mules. The FBI is working on more than 250 cases, involving attempts to steal hundreds of millions of dollars.