Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
DorobekINSIDER: Former GSA CIO Piatt returns — but at OGP
Thursday - 5/13/2010, 2:00am EDT
We told you that Bill Piatt had left his post as the chief information officer at the World Bank’s International Finance Corporation — and we suggested that he might be back in the federal world. In fact, he is coming home again — kind of.
Kathleen M. Turco, who just took the helm as Associate Administrator of GSA’s Office of Governmentwide Policy told staff Wednesday that Piatt will be joining OGP as the Director of the Office of Technology Strategy.
Piatt had previously served as GSA’s chief information officer.
Here is Turco’s note to staff:
To All OGP staff,
I am happy to announce that on May 24, 2010, Mr. Bill Piatt is joining the Office of Governmentwide Policy as the Director of the Office of Technology Strategy (ME). Mr. Piatt brings with him a wealth of extensive practical experience in delivering business results through information technology and strategic direction in both public and private sector institutions. He is noted for delivering breakthrough performance in large and small businesses as well as large and small federal agencies. Throughout his career, he has implemented robust programs and project management disciplines and revamped functions to streamline decision making and enhance accountability.
His extensive work background includes: Chief Information Officer for the International Finance Corporation in Washington, DC; Vice President of the Global Public Sector Marketing for CGI in Montreal, Canada; Chief Information Officer at General Services Administration (GSA); and Country Director for the Peace Corps as a Country Director in Prague, Czechoslovakia and Bratislava, Slovakia, and Lome, Togo.
I ask each of you to join me in welcoming Bill Piatt and know that each of you will provide him with outstanding support.
Kathleen M. Turco
Office of Governmentwide Policy
U.S. General Services Administration