Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
DorobekINSIDER: GSA’s Johnson’s memo to staff re Turco as the new head of governmentwide policy
Monday - 4/26/2010, 2:00am EDT
Here is the memo Johnson sent to employees today:
MEMORANDUM FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
FROM: Martha Johnson
SUBJECT: New Associate Administrator for the Office of Governmentwide Policy
As we continue to make important leadership transitions to better leverage GSA’s position, I am happy to announce that I have asked Kathleen Turco to serve as the Associate Administrator for the Office of Governmentwide Policy effective May 3, 2010.
For eight years as GSA’s Chief Financial Officer, Kathleen has served the agency as principal advisor on federal financial management, ensuring compliance with financial policies governing the $17 billion in financial activity for federal buildings, acquisition management, citizen services, and governmentwide policy. As head of OGP, Kathleen will lead the development and evaluation of governmentwide policies for management and internal operations of the federal government.
I will be working closely with agency leadership to find a new CFO for GSA that will continue the legacy of fiscal integrity that Kathleen leaves behind. During this transition I have asked Micah Cheatham, Director of Budget in OCFO, to serve as Acting Chief Financial Officer.
Additionally, I will continue to work with leadership and the White House to appoint a new Chief Acquisition Officer and a new White House Liaison for the agency as Michael Robertson transitions into his new role as Chief of Staff. In the interim, I have asked Michael to continue serving in these capacities.
Please join me in welcoming Kathleen to her new position and in thanking Micah for stepping up to lead as we make the transition.