Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
DorobekINSIDER: GSA promotes Darren Blue to agency chief emergency response and recovery officer
Friday - 4/16/2010, 2:00am EDT
Martha Johnson, the administrator of the General Services Administration, today appointed Darren Blue to be Chief Emergency Response and Recovery Officer in GSA’s Office of Emergency Response and Recovery.
In that job, Blue is responsible for organizing resources within GSA into a central office and providing support and assistance to first responders, emergency workers and recovery teams.
The memo from Martha Johnson:
MEMORANDUM FOR ALL GSA EMPLOYEES
FROM: Martha N. Johnson
SUBJECT: Darren Blue Appointed Chief Emergency Response and Recovery Officer
I am pleased to announce the appointment of Darren J. Blue to the position of Chief Emergency Response and Recovery Officer, Office of Emergency Response and Recovery, effective April 11, 2010. He brings to the position a high level of dedication and expertise which will further enable the General Services Administration to fulfill its governmentwide responsibilities in emergency response and recovery.
In addition, Richard Reed, who formerly held the position of Chief Emergency Response and Recovery Officer, has been assigned as Senior Advisor for National Security in the office of the Administrator effective April 11, 2010, and will continue his detail to the White House.
Please join me in welcoming Darren and Richard to the GSA leadership team.
More on Blue’s background:
Since 2008, Blue has served as an integral member of the OERR team including his role in GSA’s presidential transition support. During this effort, Blue led the development of a secure communications facility within the president-elect’s transition office, provided daily support in the facilitation of the national security briefings, and led the development of a continuity of operations plan for the senior leadership of the presidential transition team’s Chicago office.
Before joining GSA, Blue held a number of assignments in the national contingency community, including Deputy Director for Policy within the Defense Continuity and Crisis Management Office, part of the Office of the Secretary of Defense; and the Emergency Preparedness Branch Chief within the Executive Office of the President of the United States.
Prior to beginning a civilian career, Blue served on active duty for nine years in the U.S. Army, where he held a variety of infantry, special operations and intelligence assignments that included overseas service during combat operations.