Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
DorobekINSIDER: Sen. Brown to be ranking member on contracting oversight subcommittee
Tuesday - 3/2/2010, 2:00am EST
The DorobekINSIDER reported first that Sen. Scott Brown (R-MA) will take over as the ranking member of the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs ad hoc subcommittee on contracting oversight.
Brown will replace Sen. Bill Bennett (R-UT).
Brown is well known for winning the Massachusetts senate seat. But he is perhaps best know to feds because, in one of his first post-election interviews on ABC’s This Week, said that feds were overpaid.
We need to put a freeze on federal hires and federal raises because, as you know, federal employees are making twice as much as their private counterparts.
What we don’t know are his thoughts and ideas about government contracting.
The contracting oversight subcommittee was created this year at the request of Sen. Claire McCaskill (D-MO).