Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
DorobekInsider: Kempf named deputy for GSA’s Federal Acquisition Service
Thursday - 1/7/2010, 11:15pm EST
Steven J. Kempf has been named the deputy commissioner for the General Services Administration’s Federal Acquisition Service, the DorobekInsider has confirmed as reported by Federal Times and NextGov.
Kempf currently serves as the assistant commissioner of GSA’s Office of Acquisition Management, and NextGov reports that he will continue to hold that post until a replacement is named.
Kempf has served in numerous posts at GSA’s procurement organization including the deputy assistant commissioner for Integrated Technology Services (ITS), where he was responsible forGSA’s information technology schedules, Governmentwide Acquisition Contracts (GWAC) and Network Services Program.
According to GSA, Kempf joined the agency in 1992, beginning as a marketing coordinator for the Office of Technology Assistance and the Center for Federal Systems Integration and Management (FEDSIM). He then joined GSA’s regional program in California, where he was the technical chairperson for GSA’s first GWAC. Kempf also managed projects for a variety of clients in the Monterey area. In January 2000, he returned to FEDSIM, where he served as a senior project manager, operations manager, and customer services director for DoD programs. Mr. Kempf was appointed Deputy Assistant Commissioner for ITS in 2007.