Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
DorobekInsider: GSA’s Tyree Varnado to retire
Thursday - 12/10/2009, 1:54pm EST
Tyree Varnado, the deputy commission for the General Services Administration’s Federal Acquisition Service, told FAS employees that he is retiring from GSA and government services after more than 35 39 years, Federal News Radio has confirmed.
His last day will be Jan. 3.
Varnado is a long time GSA employee — and is well respected within both GSA and the acquisition community. As the DorobekInsider reported first, he served as the acting commissioner for the Federal Acquisition Service when Jim Williams was tapped to serve as the acting administrator.
Since 2002, Varnado has been the Assistant Regional Administrator (ARA) for FAS’ Greater Southwest Region, where he managed the region’s FAS operations. These include the Central Fleet Program, Marketing, and Property Management within the Greater Southwest and Rocky Mountain Regions, as well as several significant and unique programs: the Greater Southwest Acquisition Center, the Southwest Supply Center, the Information Technology Governmentwide Acquisition Contracts (GWAC) Center, and the Fleet Payment Processing Center.
Some resources from Federal News Radio 1500 AM:
* From October 2008, after Varnado became the acting administrator, he was on Federal News Radio 1500 AM’s Daily Debrief with Chris Dorobek and Amy Morris. Hear that conversation here.
* February 3, 2009: Federal News Radio’s Off the Shelf with Larry Allen talks to Varnado.
* January 17, 2009: Federal News Radio: Acquisition oversight to shift to vendors
* January 17, 2009: Federal News Radio: GSA schedules expecting growth spurt