Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
DorobekInsider: GSA’s Tyree Varnado to retire
Thursday - 12/10/2009, 1:54pm EST
Tyree Varnado, the deputy commission for the General Services Administration’s Federal Acquisition Service, told FAS employees that he is retiring from GSA and government services after more than 35 39 years, Federal News Radio has confirmed.
His last day will be Jan. 3.
Varnado is a long time GSA employee — and is well respected within both GSA and the acquisition community. As the DorobekInsider reported first, he served as the acting commissioner for the Federal Acquisition Service when Jim Williams was tapped to serve as the acting administrator.
Since 2002, Varnado has been the Assistant Regional Administrator (ARA) for FAS’ Greater Southwest Region, where he managed the region’s FAS operations. These include the Central Fleet Program, Marketing, and Property Management within the Greater Southwest and Rocky Mountain Regions, as well as several significant and unique programs: the Greater Southwest Acquisition Center, the Southwest Supply Center, the Information Technology Governmentwide Acquisition Contracts (GWAC) Center, and the Fleet Payment Processing Center.
Some resources from Federal News Radio 1500 AM:
* From October 2008, after Varnado became the acting administrator, he was on Federal News Radio 1500 AM’s Daily Debrief with Chris Dorobek and Amy Morris. Hear that conversation here.
* February 3, 2009: Federal News Radio’s Off the Shelf with Larry Allen talks to Varnado.
* January 17, 2009: Federal News Radio: Acquisition oversight to shift to vendors
* January 17, 2009: Federal News Radio: GSA schedules expecting growth spurt