Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
DorobekInsider: Watching the Networx transition — or lack there of — at AFFIRM on Wednesday
Monday - 11/16/2009, 2:53pm EST
One of the more interesting stories of the year in government IT is the transition to the new Networx telecommunications contract — or lack of transition, to be honest. During the confirmation hearing of Martha Johnson to be the administrator of the General Services Administration, she said that Networx transition was going to be one of her top priorities — and she said that the process has been too slow and is costing the government big bucks.
On Wednesday, I will be moderating a panel at the AFFIRM luncheon billed as Voice of the Customer: GSA, Networx Transition, & Beyond.
We have a great line-up:
- Sanjeev “Sonny” Bhagowalia, CIO, Interior Department (bio);
- Karl Krumbholz, Director, Network Services Programs, GSA Integrated Technology Solutions (bio)
- Michael Brown, Executive Director, IT Services Office, Homeland Security Department (bio);
- Mike Ponti, Director, Strategic Resources Planning, ASD/NII, Defense Department (bio)
We’re waiting on one other confirmation, we hope.
Regardless, there should be some great lessons learned — and some really good insights about how the CIOs are really very focused on this transition — you’ll get to hear how the CIO Council specifically is focused on the Networx migration… and why.
Earlier on Federal News Radio 1500 AM’s Daily Debrief with Chris Dorobek and Amy Morris, we spoke to Bob Woods, president of TopSide Consulting, about the lagging transition. Read more and hear that conversation here.
Meanwhile, Federal Computer Week recently ran an interesting three-part series on the status of Networx transition.
- Transition Woes: Networx structure remains a sticking point [FCW.com, 11.06.2009] Questions of why have two contracts dogs the government’s huge telecommunications program
- Networx transition woes: Dual contracts or dueling contracts? [FCW.com, 11.09.2009] As Networx got underway, Enterprise and Universal became more alike and less complementary
- Networx transition woes: Enterprise becomes an also-ran [FCW.com, 11.10.2009] Networx Universal contract appears to be the favored vehicle on the program
I hope you’ll join us Wednesday. You can register from the link here.