Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
DorobekInsider: Former FOSE leader Howell to lead Partnership for Public Service’s SAGE program
Saturday - 11/14/2009, 10:39am EST
Bill Howell, who served as the general manager for events with 1105 Government Information Group and it’s precursor, PostNewsweek Tech Media, leading the FOSE trade show, will join the Partnership for Public Service as director of it’s Strategic Advisors to Government Executives [SAGE] Program. Howell joined the Partnership a few weeks ago.
Howell had been the Vice President, Government Solutions Group with DocumentATM. As I mentioned, Howell served as Vice President and General Manager, Events with 1105 Government Information Group and PostNewsweek Tech Media before it was purchased by 1105 Media. Howell also served as a Vice President with Sysorex Information Systems.
More information about the SAGE program:
The Partnership for Public Service’s Strategic Advisors to Government Executives (SAGE) Program connects senior-level executives in government with their predecessors and private-sector counterparts, providing them with an opportunity to leverage prior government experience as well as private-sector capabilities to continue to help transform government and improve performance. The SAGE effort focuses on the senior leadership in government, tackling issues that affect the management of operational disciplines across the public-sector. The Partnership’s SAGE Program is currently comprised of communities for Chief Information Officers (CIO), Chief Financial Officers (CFO) and Chief Acquisition Officers (CAO).
The four main goals of the SAGE Program are to:
- Help incoming public-sector, C-suite executives successfully improve the performance of government;
- Assist, advise and mentor these executives on successful implementation of discipline specific strategies;
- Create a forum for thought leadership, information exchange and cross-community collaboration among existing and former federal C-suite executives; and
- Share and build on valuable “lessons learned” from both the private sector and government, and discuss foundational activities essential to integrating strategies and delivering support.