Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
DorobekInsider: MD Tech Council awards GSA’s Coleman government CIO of the year
Friday - 11/13/2009, 8:31am EST
GSA CIO Casey Coleman has been awarded the Tech Council of Maryland’s Government CIO of the Year award.
From the GSA release:
GSA’s Coleman Named Government CIO of the Year By Tech Council of Maryland
WASHINGTON – Casey Coleman, U.S. General Services Administration’s Chief Information Officer, has received the Tech Council of Maryland’s Government CIO of the Year award.
The prestigious award, part of the council’s Mid-Atlantic CIO&CTO Live! Awards Program, is given annually to the government CIO who exemplifies leadership and forward leaning technology implementation.
“The award is a great honor. This success was made possible by GSA’s strategic leadership and the efforts of my dedicated staff,” said Coleman.
She was honored at an event at the Ronald Reagan International Trade Building in Washington on Nov. 10. The program also recognized the Mid-Atlantic region’s top Chief Technology Officers and other senior information technology leaders.
Coleman has been the GSA CIO since 2007 and previously was the CIO of GSA’s Federal Acquisition Service. She recently emerged as a key player in the Obama administration’s cloud computing initiative, as federal CIO Vivek Kundra pegged GSA as a center of gravity for the initiative.
The Tech Council of Maryland is the Mid-Atlantic region’s largest technology trade association, which brings its 500-plus members access to technology industry leaders in Maryland, Washington, and Virginia. The council helps the region’s technology organizations grow through its membership and activities such as networking events, cost saving programs, and advocacy initiatives.
Congratulations to Casey Coleman.