Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
DorobekInsider: MD Tech Council awards GSA’s Coleman government CIO of the year
Friday - 11/13/2009, 8:31am EST
GSA CIO Casey Coleman has been awarded the Tech Council of Maryland’s Government CIO of the Year award.
From the GSA release:
GSA’s Coleman Named Government CIO of the Year By Tech Council of Maryland
WASHINGTON – Casey Coleman, U.S. General Services Administration’s Chief Information Officer, has received the Tech Council of Maryland’s Government CIO of the Year award.
The prestigious award, part of the council’s Mid-Atlantic CIO&CTO Live! Awards Program, is given annually to the government CIO who exemplifies leadership and forward leaning technology implementation.
“The award is a great honor. This success was made possible by GSA’s strategic leadership and the efforts of my dedicated staff,” said Coleman.
She was honored at an event at the Ronald Reagan International Trade Building in Washington on Nov. 10. The program also recognized the Mid-Atlantic region’s top Chief Technology Officers and other senior information technology leaders.
Coleman has been the GSA CIO since 2007 and previously was the CIO of GSA’s Federal Acquisition Service. She recently emerged as a key player in the Obama administration’s cloud computing initiative, as federal CIO Vivek Kundra pegged GSA as a center of gravity for the initiative.
The Tech Council of Maryland is the Mid-Atlantic region’s largest technology trade association, which brings its 500-plus members access to technology industry leaders in Maryland, Washington, and Virginia. The council helps the region’s technology organizations grow through its membership and activities such as networking events, cost saving programs, and advocacy initiatives.
Congratulations to Casey Coleman.