Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
DorobekInsider: Clearing the desk – and stories mentioned on the Daily Debrief
Wednesday - 8/19/2009, 3:48pm EDT
Cleaning off the desk and some of the stories mentioned on Federal News Radio 1500 AM’s Daily Debrief with Chris Dorobek and Amy Morris:
* National Journal’s Tech Daily Dose: Former TV newsman to join the intel’s ‘analytic transformation’
John Miller, a broadcast journalist who parlayed his expertise on terrorism into a career with local law enforcement and later the FBI, plans to leave the bureau to help lead reform efforts for the intelligence community. According to sources familiar with Miller’s plans, he would move to the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, where he’d head up a team devoted to “analytic transformation.”
* CNet’s Technically Incorrect blog: Why Twitter isn’t pointless babble
Have you ever sat in a bar or a coffee shop, just watching what people do, examining the expressions on their faces, or just desperately trying to overhear the endearing nonsense that emerges from their mouths?
That’s how I think of Twitter.
* Happy birthday to Scott Burns, CEO and co-founder of GovDelivery, which focuses on helping agencies reach out to the public. [Read Burns' blog here... and follow him on Twitter at twitter.com/smburns. Federal News Radio featured Burns as part of Federal News Radio's Meet the Innovator series. Hear that conversation here... and find all of the Meet the Innovator conversations here.] Burns shares his birthday with Coco Chanel, creator of the “little black dress”, the late great Frank McCourt. Other people born on this date: former President Bill Clinton and Star Trek creator Gene Roddenberry — live long and prosper.