Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
DorobekInsider: CGI’s official announcement about Molly O’Neill
Monday - 8/17/2009, 2:43pm EDT
We told you about this last week, but… CGI Federal made it officially official…
The CGI Federal press release from last week:
CGI Hires Former Chief Information Officer, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Molly O’Neill
Fairfax, Va. – CGI Federal, Inc., a wholly-owned U.S. operating subsidiary of CGI Group Inc., announced the hiring of former Assistant Administrator and Chief Information Officer of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Molly O’Neill as Vice-President and Federal Energy and Environmental Industry Lead.
As the CIO of EPA, Molly O’Neill was responsible for establishing an innovative center of excellence that advanced the creation, management, and use of information as a strategic resource at the EPA. In her role, O’Neill oversaw the U.S. EPA’s strategic information planning, investment and information policies, enterprise architecture, information security program, and championed innovation around transparency of data and collaboration.
Prior to joining EPA, Ms. O’Neill served as the State Director of the National Environmental Information Exchange Network for the Environmental Council of the States. Here, she worked with the EPA, state environmental agencies, and tribes to establish and manage an evolutionary information network, which allows millions of vital data records to be shared across the country.
“As CIO at the EPA, Molly was a recognized innovator and leader in the federal CIO community,” said George Schindler, President, CGI Federal. “Molly’s strong expertise and creativity, combined with her State and Local experience, will help CGI’s clients effectively manage their technology initiatives while balancing the increasing demands they face around transparency and information access.”
At CGI, O’Neill will lead our Federal Energy and Environmental practice and its related information technology initiatives. Her many years of experience working with government on organizational and performance assessments, business process reengineering, and large-scale information management system implementation projects will help our clients in the areas of energy and environmental management.