Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
DorobekInsider: It’s my birthday, but… you get the gifts
Wednesday - 8/12/2009, 6:49pm EDT
Yes — today is my birthday. (I have a friend who lies about his age. Frankly, I am trying out going the other way — Let’s be honest — I don’t look like I’m in my 30s, or if I did, it would be a hard 30 years. But I’m going the other way — while I’m 43 today, I look fantastic for a person in their 50s! Right?)
That aside… for my birthday, you’re getting the gifts.
First off, as I mentioned yesterday, through today, you can get the fourth Federal News Radio Book Club book Fired Up or Burned Out: How to reignite your team’s passion, creativity, and productivity by Michael Lee Stallard — for FREE. It is a PDF download from here.
Hear the fourth meeting of the Federal News Radio Book Club here… and download the PDF of the book from here… and did I mention that it is FREE?
Secondly, today’s Federal News Radio 1500 AM’s Daily Debrief with Chris Dorobek and Amy Morris featured a parade of stars. Among them…
* Ed DeSeve, a senior advisor to the Vice President for recovery implementation, who talks about the challenges getting the $787 billion stimulus package… He updates us on how much has been distributed so far… It’s a fascinating conversation.
* Robert Carey, the chief information officer for the Department of Navy and the first government CIO blogger, who talks about, among other things, the fact that they are updating their government first Web 2.0 policy, his views on cyber-security, and the role of the CIO — Carey is also speaking at Input next week, if you want to ask him a question for yourself…
* And Diana Gowen, senior vice president and general manager of Quest Government Services. She has been in Chicago for the past few days for the GSA Network Services conference — and much of the focus has been the transition — or lack of transition — to the Networx telecommunications contract.