Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
DorobekInsider: CGI Federal scores a coup hiring former EPA CIO Molly O’Neill
Friday - 8/7/2009, 2:19pm EDT
The DorobekInsider has learned that that former EPA CIO Molly O’Neill will join CGI Federal as a a vice president. Expect the official announcement any time now. She starts work on Monday, Aug. 10.
It is something of a coup for CGI Federal. O’Neill had been recruited by several organizations, including some state governments who were hoping that they could entice her back to government work.
O’Neill is well respected for her work at EPA, winning the 2009 Federal 100 Eagle Award for her initiatives.
Insiders said that O’Neill was enticed by the opportunity to create a role that will allow her to focus on thought leadership in the government IT space.
Congratulations to O’Neill… and to CGI Federal.
O’Neill’s bio from when she was EPA:
Molly A. O’Neill, confirmed by the U.S. Senate on December 8, 2006, is the EPA’s Assistant Administrator for the Office of Environmental Information (OEI) and Chief Information Officer (CIO). She is responsible for EPA’s strategic planning concerning the collection, management, and access to the Agency’s environmental information. As EPA’s CIO, she is a member of the Federal CIO Council, where she currently serves as the Co-chair of the Architecture and Infrastructure Committee.
Prior to joining EPA, Ms. O’Neill was the State Director for the National Environmental Information Exchange at the Environmental Council of the States (ECOS). As State Director, she was responsible for coordinating, supporting, and leading the efforts of 50 state environmental department participants, and interfacing with U.S. EPA counterparts and other partners.
In recognition for her leadership on the Exchange Network, Ms. O’Neill received a 2004 Federal 100 award as one of the top executives influencing government technology.
Prior to her work on the Exchange Network, Ms. O’Neill spent 14 years working as a management and information technology consultant in the private sector focusing on the environment, health, and safety industry. She has many years of experience working on organizational and performance assessments; performance measures; business process reengineering; and large-scale information management system implementation projects. She is a graduate of Virginia Tech.