Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
DorobekInsider: Godspeed to Pat Knapp, mother of Qwest’s Deirdre Murray
Tuesday - 7/28/2009, 2:00pm EDT
A very sad note… I just learned that Pat Knapp, the mother of Qwest’s Deirdre Murray, passed away suddenly over the weekend.
Murray had literally just returned last week after spending a week with her mother on a Southern California journey — they got to see Jay Leno perform in Hollywood and they traveled to Santa Barbara. I had helped arrange a meeting with my favorite artist, B.J. Stapen, who invited Deirdre and Pat to her home. They had also visited Los Olivos, CA, and dined at the Los Olivos Cafe where parts of the movie Sideways was filmed. Murray had a remarkable time. She is very close to her family — and to her mother — and I can only imagine how traumatic this is for her. But she will have those cherished memories.
Unfortunately I can’t find the obituary with specific information about contributions and funeral details. I know there is a group of ladies in government IT — they call themselves the Power Pearls — who are collecting contributions. I also heard from the Pearls that there is a ceremony on Friday at 11a (PT, I assume) at St. James Catholic Church in Solana Beach, CA, but I haven’t been able to confirm that further.
If you want to reach out to me — cdorobek at chrisdorobek.com and/or c/o Federal News Radio 1500 AM, 3400 Idaho Ave, NW, Washington, DC 20016 — and I will make sure cards and letters get to Murray. And I will post additional information as I get it.
Meanwhile, I know the government IT community sends their thoughts and prayers to Deirdre Murray and her siblings.
Godspeed Pat Knapp.