Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
8-day countdown to the Federal News Radio Book Club ‘meeting’ with CTO Chopra discussing Payback
Thursday - 7/23/2009, 6:27pm EDT
Just a reminder that we are a mere 8-days from the fifth meeting of the Federal News Radio Book Club — and it’s a good one.
Our book — Payback: Reaping the Rewards of Innovation by James P. Andrew, Harold L. Sirkin, and John Butman — was selected by the new federal chief technology officer, Aneesh Chopra — and Chopra will join us live in studio.
So first… the details:
When: Friday, July 31 at 2p ET
Where: On Federal News Radio 1500 AM’s In Depth with Francis Rose program and on FederalNewsRadio.com
The book: Payback: Reaping the Rewards of Innovation by James P. Andrew, Harold L. Sirkin, and John Butman — and James Andrew, Senior Partner & Managing Director of Boston Consulting Group’s innovation group will be joining us… so not a bad line-up: Chopra, Andrews and then Rose and Dorobek.
How did this come about: Well, Obama CTO Aneesh Chopra, in his interview with Federal News Radio’s Jason Miller, mentioned the book. I have posted part one of the interview below:
And finally… one last item because there may be some people who have never “attended” a Federal News Radio Book Club “meeting”: You don’t have to be anyplace other then near your radio. The Federal It is something akin to the Oprah book club except we talk about books that help feds do their jobs better. And perhaps unlike other book clubs, our “meetings” take place on the radio — specifically on on Federal News Radio 1500 AM’s In Depth with Francis Rose and online at FederalNewsRadio.com. And we’d love to hear your thoughts about these issues. Comments will soon be available here. I have also set up a Facebook event page for the book club.
If you’re reading the book, I’d love to get your thoughts, comments, insights, questions, discussion topics… whatever you want to add to the discussion… You can do that here on theDorobekInsider… you can do that on the Payback book club meeting’s Facebook event page… on my Facebook page… you can do that through on my Twitter feed… or just an e-mail — cdorobek at chrisdorobek.com.
The book is about… well, innovation, but innovation in a different way — how to turn innovation into something that benefits your organization — read: a payback. And the book argues that process is… a process. And there ways you can encourage it, and by implementing that process, you can benefit from your organization.
Given what has been going on with technology right now — and the need for innovation within agencies — the book is valuable.
I’ll be posting some of my take aways from the book over the next few days. I hope you will share yours as well.
And I look forward to the discussion Friday, July 31 on Federal News Radio 1500 AM’s In Depth with Francis Rose.