Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
DorobekInsider.com: Senate approves Zients as the new chief performance officer
Monday - 6/22/2009, 10:16am EDT
The Senate Friday confirmed the nomination of Jeffrey Zients to be the OMB deputy director of management and the Obama administration’s chief performance officer. The Senate Homeland Security Committee had signed off on his nomination earlier in the month. Zients replaces Clay Johnson, who served as the OMB deputy director of management during most of the Bush administration.
The Senate, however, did not take action on the nomination of Martha Johnson to be the administrator of the General Services Administration, the other position that we have been watching carefully. We’ve been hearing that a number of posts have been held up in a Senate squabble over the Supreme Court nomination process and when that should be scheduled.
Here are some Zients/chief performance officer resources:
* OMB director Peter Orszag posted a blog welcome to Zients.
* Federal News Radio Max Cacas was at the hearing. Hear that report here.
* Jon Desenberg, Policy Director at the Performance Institute, spoke to Francis Rose of Federal News Radio 1500 AM’s In Depth with Francis Rose, about the role of the chief performance officer. Hear that here.
* And the DorobekInsider CTO and CPO reader.