Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
DorobekInsider: ConnellyWorks scores a coup hiring ACT/IAC’s Kelly Olson
Thursday - 6/4/2009, 10:11pm EDT
In a coup for ConnellyWorks, the PR/marking/events company has hired Kelly Olson, the director of conferences and events for the American Council for Technology and the Industry Advisory Council.
Olsen is a superstar. Earlier, the DorobekInsider told you that she was recently recognized by ConventionSouth magazine, in its December issue, names Olson as one of the “Meeting Pros To Watch In ‘09.”
A bit coup for ConnellyWorks Joanne Connelly. Congratulations to both of them.
Kelly Olson joined ACT/IAC in 2004. As the Director of Conferences and Events, Kelly manages the overall strategy and operation of the organization’s annual conferences, events, awards and professional development programs. Kelly also works with the ACT and IAC leadership and volunteers on a variety of special events that occur throughout the year, including golf and tennis tournaments and charitable fundraisers. Prior to joining ACT-IAC , Kelly worked as a Senior Program Manager for Professional and Scientific Associates, an event management, communications and technical assistance firm, where she lead a team in planning and executing conferences and events for several clients including the White House, National Science Foundation, Department of Defense and the Department of Justice. Kelly holds a BS in Public Administration from George Mason University and received her Certified Meeting Professional Designation (CMP) in August 2006.
UPDATE: ACT/IAC Executive Director Ken Allen sent out the following note to ACT/IAC members:
It is with regret that I announce the departure of Kelly Olson from ACT-IAC. Please join all of us in wishing Kelly a fond farewell and the best of sucess in a new business endeavor. Kelly will be leaving toward the end of the month to join ConnellyWorks, Inc, a marketing/PR/events firm.
Kelly has been with us for the last 5 years and has been responsible for managing our very successful events programs, most notably the MOCs and ELCs. We extend our sincere thanks for her exceptional professional contributions toward ACT-IAC’s success and for passing along her many “secrets to success” to her talented staff.
We hope to see Kelly as she works with companies around the industry and wish her our very best.
KENNETH B. ALLEN
American Council for Technology & Industry Advisory Council
EDITOR’S NOTE: Item was updated to correct the spelling of Olson’s name.