Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
DorobekInsider: Now with comments!
Tuesday - 6/2/2009, 8:06am EDT
Web 2.0 purists would argue that a blog isn’t a blog if it doesn’t accept comments. If that is true, the DorobekInsider has re-entered the bloggosphere. Yes, we are now accepting comments.
Way back on May 8 I mentioned that this was coming — and, to be honest, it took a bit longer then everybody thought. (Doesn’t it always?)
And yes, it is a bit of a 2005 flash-back, but… In the end, comments are an essential part of a blog because it turns a one way conversation into a multi-way conversation. So I hope you will join the conversation — here on theDorobekInsider and on FederalNewsRadio .com — whether it be on something that you don’t like, or something that you like… and idea you want to share… Join the conversation.
We have our comment policy posted here.
New! Please read! Due to the large volume of comments being posted daily, Federal News Radio editors can no longer personally moderate the message boards. We have moved to an automatic approval system, with user ratings and abuse reports. If a particular comment reaches a certain threshold of abuse report, it will “hide” and those who then wish to read it will have to click to open it. Reports of abuse will be taken seriously and we reserve the right to remove comments at will and to block questionable users, though we really don’t want to do that. Bottom line: play nicely, people. Don’t be a jerk just because you can.
(Also please note that by logging in through the links in the upper right hand side of the website, you can now modify your accounts to include screen names.)
The following guidelines still hold true:
- The views and opinions expressed in these comments belong to the people who write them only.
- Be nice. Be reasonable. Be intelligent.
- No personal attacks, hate speech or threats toward private individuals, religious figures or other comment posters will be allowed.
- No suggestive or offensive language, including insulting other posters will be permitted.
- Posts should have a point and should have relevant content.
- No posts offering or advertising commercial products or services will be published on the site.
- If possible please check your spelling in a word processor. Nothing kills your credibility like bad spelling.
- Uppercase in text is the equivalent of SHOUTING. Comments in all uppercase are not allowed.
- Feel free to share your opinion or beliefs on an issue, but keep in mind, this is not a religious forum.
- Humor is welcome in appropriate situations, as long as it follows the other guidelines, however mean-spirited sarcasm is discouraged.
I want to give special thanks to Federal News Radio’s tech team who have been working hard to make it happen. (It ended up being more complex then we expected, so… I’m thrilled with their persistence.)
So… comment away!