Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
DorobekInsider: Dee Lee to join the Professional Services Council
Monday - 5/18/2009, 1:41pm EDT
Last June, back when I was the FCW Insider, I told you that rock star Deidre Lee was joining Compusearch. The DorobekInsider has now learned that — in something of a coup — she is leaving to join the Professional Services Council. Expect an announcement… well, any time now.
Lee is one of the former government super-stars who retired after a stellar government career, as I wrote in an FCW editorial. (Be sure to check the cartoon at the bottom of that page. It’s delicious. It was one of the cartoons where John Klossner got it exactly right.. and read a FCW profile of Lee here.)
She left government to join Compusearch, a privately held company that “provides enterprise software and services that automate mandated business rules for public sector organizations with authority to spend, grant, or move funds.” Many people said quietly that it seemed like an odd fit for Lee. One person called her one of the best know and most admired federal acquisition leaders around.
At PSC, she will be executive VP of federal affairs.
UPDATE: The press release just hit the streets:
Deidre “Dee” Lee to Join Professional Services Council
Arlington, Va.—The Professional Services Council (PSC) announced today that Deidre “Dee” Lee, former Administrator for Federal Procurement Policy and before that, Director of Defense Acquisition and Procurement Policy, will be joining the association as Executive Vice President of Federal Affairs and Operations effective June 1.
In her new role, Lee will lead efforts to expand PSC’s engagement with agency acquisition and operational components across the government. She will also help lead PSC’s broader policy analysis and advocacy efforts.
“Dee is one of those unique leaders with deep knowledge and insight that will greatly enhance PSC’s ability to work collaboratively with our government colleagues as we collectively seek to address the plethora of issues and challenges before us” said Stan Soloway, President and CEO of PSC. “She brings with her an enviable and exceptional history, built through her long and distinguished federal career, of leading change and advocating for balanced and smart business practices. She will be a great addition to our leadership team.”
In addition to her leadership of both the Office of Federal Procurement Policy and DoD acquisition, Lee has also served as a senior acquisition leader at the General Services Administration, Deputy Director of Management at FEMA, and senior procurement executive with NASA. Lee is currently the Director of the Defense and Intelligence Business Unit for Compusearch.
Lee joins Soloway, a former deputy undersecretary of defense, and PSC Executive Vice President and Counsel, Alan Chvotkin, former counsel to the Senate Armed Services and Small Business Committees, on the PSC leadership team.
PSC is the national trade association of the government professional and technical services industry. PSC’s more than 330 member companies represent small, medium, and large businesses that provide federal agencies with services of all kinds, including information technology, engineering, logistics, facilities management, operations and maintenance, consulting, international development, scientific, social, environmental services, and more. Together, the association’s members employ hundreds of thousands of Americans in all 50 states.