Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
The DorobekInsider returns…
Monday - 5/18/2009, 8:47am EDT
Yes, I’m back. I was away for a few days enjoying some R&R.
Typically, even when I take a few days off, one: I say so here, and two: I still try to blog, at least occasionally. I actually can use that time to get away from the day-to-day stuff and actually ponder a bit.
Unfortunately — or, perhaps fortunately, I was staying at a place that didn’t allow cell phones in public areas — this drove some people insane. It also didn’t have very stable Internet connection. And I was really staying quite busy.
[The place I stayed is called Miraval -- it is this fancy spa in the Tucson desert that really emphasizes a somewhat Zen focus. In fact, their logo says, "Life in balance." I took my father -- a man for whom it is impossible to buy gifts -- for a birthday/Christmas/whatever -- and as a chance to spend some time with my father. So it was time well spent... It was atMiraval last year that I had my 'brush with greatness' with Jeff Bezos. My celebrity sighting this time was Steve Case , the co-founder and former executive at AOL. Now perhaps this isn't a total shock -- Case's Revolution owns Miraval and apparently they were having a board meeting or senior management meeting at Miraval last week. All of that aside, I'd give Miraval a thumbs up.]
Now, back to re-entry… I’m behind on a lot of e-mail… and have a busy week ahead.