Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Congratulations on the wedding of Bob Suda and Joanne Connelly
Sunday - 5/10/2009, 2:56pm EDT
On Friday night, my friends Bob Suda and Joanne Connelly asked us to be at their house. We didn’t know why — we suspected, but we didn’t know. Our suspicions ended up being true: After a long engagement, the couple got married on Friday, May 7 in Fairfax, VA.
Suda, of course, retired from government service last year after more than 30 years, much of it with the General Services Administration, but then as the deputyCIO at the Agriculture Department and finally at the Transportation Department’s Research and Innovative Technology Administration’s Volpe Center. He now has his own consulting firm.
Connelly is founder, president and CEO of ConnellyWorks, a public relations, marketing and events company. Connelly is a former editor at Federal Computer Week before going out ito the “real” world — and she has been incredibly successful.
It’s always wonderful when people who you adore individually join together as a couple.
It was a very small wedding — even Connelly’s mother could join over the speaker phone on her BlackBerry. I was honored to have been invited — and I know there many friends will join me in wishing them all the best in their ahead.
Because I wasn’t fully prepared, I only had my iPhone with me, so… my photos aren’t that great. That being said, you can see a slide show from the event here.