Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
FCW’s Mosquera leaving for Government Health IT
Friday - 4/10/2009, 3:56pm EDT
Earlier this year , we told you that 1105 Media was selling its Government Health IT publication to the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS). HIMSS puts on the biggest health IT conference out there — just held this past week — and HIMSS has been trying to increase its presence in the government world. That is probably wise given the Obama administration’s focus on health IT. In fact, just yesterday, the White House announced the creation of a “Joint Virtual Lifetime Electronic Record” between DOD and VA. Federal News Radio 1500 AM has the audio of President Obama’s comments. Hear his comments and read the story here . And on Federal News Radio 1500 AM’s Daily Debrief with Chris Dorobek and Amy Morris — although without me — they spoke to Tommy Morris, the acting Director of the Defense Department’s Office of Force Health Protection and Readiness Programs, which has been leading the effort to improve the medical record access. Hear that conversation here.
And also this week, there is word that FCW’s Mary Mosquera is leaving the 1105 Government Information Group to join Government Health IT magazine. Mosquera had been with Government Computer News before the FCW-GCN merger. She came over to FCW soon after that merger. She is an experience reporter with good background covering health IT issues and will be a real asset to GHIT editor-in-chief Paul McCloskey, who is one of the best editors I know. Congratulations to both of them.
Finally, I should note that on Tuesday on Federal News Radio 1500 AM’s Government IT Solution Spotlight, we will be talking to McCloskey about health IT — why it matters and why the Obama administration seems so focused on it… that airs at 10a Tuesday on Federal News Radio 1500 AM.