Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
DorobekInsider: Meet the innovators — Wikinomics author Anthony Williams
Monday - 3/30/2009, 11:08am EDT
Each Monday on Federal News Radio 1500 AM’s Daily Debrief with Chris Dorobek and Amy Morris, we have a feature we call “Meet the Innovators,” where we get to have a conversations with somebody who is doing something… well, innovative. And we’ve had the opportunity to talk to a wide range of very smart people — EPA’s Jeffrey Levy, GSA CIO Casey Coleman, and Stanford University Law professor Lawrence Lessig.
Today, we get to talk to one of the real stars in innovation, collaboration and Web 2.0: Anthony D. Williams . People here in DC think of Williams as a former DC mayor, but in Web 2.0 circles, there is only one Anthony Williams. He is the co-author of the Web 2.0 bible, Wikinomics: How Mass Collaboration Changes Everything along with Don Tapscott… and he is one of the smartest people in this arena that I know.
And coming up on April 16, Williams will be here Washington, DC to talk about Government Services in the 21st Century: Harnessing Technology and the New Workforce to Improve Performance as part of Georgetown University’s Pubic Policy Institute Dialogue Series. The details:
Presented by: Anthony D. Williams, Internationally-acclaimed speaker and co-author of the international bestseller Wikinomics: How Mass Collaboration Changes Everything (Portfolio 2007)
Anthony Williams has lectured and written extensively about the impact of new technologies on business, government and society. He is an international thought-leader in transparency, collaboration, technological innovation and intellectual property and a strategic advisor to fortune 500 firms, governments and international organizations such as the World Bank.
Founder and CEO of the Toronto-based firm Anthony D. Williams Consulting, Anthony was recently named Senior Fellow at nGenera Insight, where he led a global investigation into the impact of Web 2.0 and wikinomics on the future of governance and democracy.
Anthony holds a Masters in Research in Political Science from the London School of Economics, where he graduated with Distinction and is a Ph.D. candidate in the Department of Government. Anthony is currently writing the follow-up book to Wikinomics due out in early 2010.
600 New Jersey Avenue NW
Washington, D.C. 20001
5:30 PM - 8:00 PM
You can register by going here.