Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth Show Blog - March 7, 2014
Friday - 3/7/2014, 5:30pm EST
on continuous diagnostics and mitigation
The transition from a compliance environment to a continuous diagnotics and mitigation environment is underway across government. The Office of Management and Budget is pushing your agency toward getting rid of three ring binders full of cyber reports and moving toward a continuous awareness of the cyber landscape. The outlook for the coming year in continuous diagnotics and mitigation was the subject of the discussion at Friday's morning AFCEA Bethesda breakfast. Don Matheson, deputy executive director for the Enterprise Data Management and Engineering Directorate at Customs and Border Protection, moderated the discussion.
Editor in Chief
Goverment Executive Magazine
The Obama Administration's fiscal 2015 budget proposal includes a plan to "create a 21st century government." It asks Congress for more authority to reorganize agencies, recruit top talent, and enhance Defense Department procurement reforms. Tom Shoop, editor-in-chief of Government Executive magazine, joins In Depth with more.
Obama Budget Offers a Refreshed Management Agenda (Related link)
Federal News Radio
The Defense budget is a complex beast even in the best of years. But as DoD comptroller Bob Hale put it earlier this week, this year's edition of the Pentagon budget proposal has some "special features" that make even the basic top line numbers tricky to pull apart. Federal News Radio's Jared Serbu joins In Depth with a preview of his "Inside the Reporter's Notebook" feature.
Federal News Radio
The 2015 budget request is making federal employees, unions and other groups happy for what it doesn't include. It doesn't have the chained CPI. It doesn't have an increase in your pension contribution — or your health insurance premium percentage. Federal News Radio Senior Correspondent Mike Causey joins In Depth with more.
Also on the Show: