Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth Show Blog - Feb. 25, 2014
Tuesday - 2/25/2014, 5:21pm EST
President of Public Sector
Acquisition reform at the Homeland Security Department is the goal of a new bill from the chairman of the House Homeland Security Subcommittee on Oversight and Management Efficiency, Rep. Jeff Duncan (R-S.C.). You can read the details from Federal News Radio's Executive Editor Jason Miller. Joe Jordan is the president of Public Sector for FedBid and former administrator of Federal Procurement Policy.
Young Government Leaders
More than two-thirds of the 2013 President Management Fellows program haven't been hired in the federal government. The program doesn't guarantee a placement. April 8 is the deadline for finalists to get hired. But a group of fellows is asking OPM Director Katherine Archuleta for an extension.
Director of External Affairs
Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board
Lifecycle funds in the Thrift Savings Plan are supposed to be an option for you to invest in. They're supposed to make your life easier. But the TSP finds they may be making people confused. Kim Weaver, director of external affairs at the Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board, explains what the L-funds are really for.
Allen Federal Business Partners
Federal contractors have a thing or two to learn from an unlikely source -- Walmart. The lowest price might not be enough. Larry Allen, president of Allen Federal Business Partners, writes the Week Ahead newsletter.
Federal News Radio
The Defense Department says it will struggle to make significant cuts to the civilian workforce without another round of base closures. Most DoD civilians are outside the Pentagon. They work at bases, depots and other places the agency may or may not need any more. Federal News Radio executive editor Jason Miller has details on DoD's challenges to meet its budget and draw down its active forces.
Also on the Show:
Senate Armed Services Committee
Some big job openings at the Defense Department are closer to being filled. The Senate Armed Services Committee heard from six nominees to take jobs at the Pentagon, including Bob Work, administration's deputy Defense secretary nominee; Michael McCord, the administration's choice to be the under secretary of Defense (comptroller); and Under Secretary of Defense for Policy nominee Christine Wormuth. Francis Rose shared some of their testimony on In Depth.
- GSA awards 123 small firms a spot on OASIS contract (Federal News Radio)
- TSP board considers rebranding Lifecycle Funds (Federal News Radio)
- Fighting for Veterans (Sen. Bernie Sanders)