Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth Show Blog - Feb. 18, 2014
Tuesday - 2/18/2014, 5:17pm EST
Chief Information Officer
Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration
Telework strategies got a real workout last week with the snowstorm that hit the D.C. area. Agencies are deconstructing their successes and shortcomings. One of them is the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration. George Jakabcin, chief information officer at TIGTA, is pleased with what he saw during the storm.
Coalition for Government Procurement
The Defense Department needs help from industry to update its contracting requirements. DoD asks for comments about what they could change and what duplication they could eliminate.
Director of Government and Public Affairs
Federal Managers Association
Another pay raise could be in store for you this year. But before that happens some careful planning and quick maneuvers may be required.
Federal Law Enforcement Officers Association
Overtime abuse at the Homeland Security Department might be throwing the agency into panic mode. DHS Secretary Jeh Johnson suspends administratively uncontrollable overtime for headquarters and training personnel, but some say he's going too far.
Senior Vice President of Public Sector
Information Technology Alliance for Public Sector
The Defense Department wants to simplify its acquisition process and it's asking for some private sector help.
Federal News Radio
Version one of the Management Cube is in progress at the Homeland Security Department. For the first time in the agency's 11-year history, officials can understand the interactions between data. Rafael Borras was the undersecretary for management at the Homeland Security Department for the last four years. He recently left DHS to return to the private sector. Borras sat down with Executive Editor Jason Miller for an exclusive interview on his tenure at DHS and how the management cube is part of his approach to make DHS more business-like.
Also on the Show:
- Pentagon contracts fall 66% in January (Bloomberg Government)
- GSA offers cash for ideas to reduce federal travel costs (Federal News Radio)
- Misconduct in Army forces more soldiers out (Federal News Radio)