Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth Show Blog - February 10, 2014
Monday - 2/10/2014, 5:25pm EST
House Appropriations Homeland Security Subcommittee
The budget request the White House sends to Congress March 4 includes a $496 billion request for the Department of Defense, according to Defense News. But Congress isn't waiting for the White House to start the fiscal 2015 budget process. Congressman John Carter, Chairman of the House Appropriations Homeland Security Subcommittee, joined Francis to discuss how this year's budget process will be different than the last few years.
Director of Physical Infrastructure Issues
Government Accountability Office
Your agency's real estate portfolio is more than just buildings and land. It also includes structures like roads and river dams. David Wise, director of Physical Infrastructure Issues at the Government Accountability Office, joined Francis to explain why those items bring the highest risk factors to your agency's real property portfolio, according to a new report from the agency.
Deputy Undersecretary for Cybersecurity
Homeland Security Department
The Homeland Security Department is trying to raise all boats as the wave of cyber threats and attacks continues to increase. The goal is to strengthen both private and public sector computer networks by bringing everyone up to, at least, the same basic level of security. Phyllis Schneck, deputy undersecretary for cybersecurity at the Homeland Security Department, spoke with Executive Editor Jason Miller about how DHS is strengthening the cybersecurity chain. The interview was part of Federal News Radio's Ask the CIO radio program. Francis played an excerpt of the program on his show today.
Federal News Radio
Immigration and Customs Enforcement says it's making a major "course correction" on a system it's deemed its highest information technology priority. Federal News Radio's Jared Serbu reports that ICE has decided its previous approach was unworkable after spending six years and $64 million.
Federal News Radio
Congress is undergoing a climate change, but it doesn't have anything to do with the weather. Federal News Radio Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says a political climate change, nationally and especially in the Washington D.C. area, has had a major impact on one of the most popular perks Uncle Sam has to offer — buyouts.