Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth Show Blog - Jan. 22, 2014
Wednesday - 1/22/2014, 5:18pm EST
The administration's rebalance to Asia will put more emphasis on the Pacific region of the world and more spotlight on U.S. Pacific Command. Host Francis Rose shared audio of Navy Adm. Samuel Locklear, commander of U.S. Pacific Command, speaking last week at the Surface Navy Association's annual convention on Pentagon Solutions.
Federal News Radio
Industry leaders and former federal executives are laying out an agenda for the government to merge together cloud computing and cybersecurity initiatives better. Industry organization SafeGov details specific steps the federal CIO Council and the White House can take to move toward integration of these programs. Karen Evans is a co-author of the report and former Office of Management and Budget administrator for e-government and IT. She tells executive editor Jason Miller how to bring all the moving pieces together to end up with secure cloud services.
Deputy Chief Information Security Officer
Department of Agriculture
The balance between cybersecurity and privacy is even more important for the government to strike in the wake of revelations about the National Security Agency. That balance starts with crafting the right definition of privacy. One of the leaders of the conversation is Leo Wong, deputy chief information security officer at the Agriculture Department. He's also the co-chair of the ACT-IAC Cybersecurity Forum: Implications of Privacy to Cybersecurity.
Director of Key Executive Leadership Programs
Leaders in the federal government are looking for a few ways to motivate their teams in 2014. But a fully appropriated budget may not be the kick you need this year.
Federal News Radio
The chairman of the Senate Veterans Affairs Committee says the full Senate will soon take up a massive veterans benefits bill. Veterans groups say the omnibus bill is the most sweeping update to vet benefits in modern memory.
Also on the Show:
Efficiencies: Action needed to improve evaluation of initiatives (GAO)
- Measuring Telework and Mobility Return on Investment: A Snapshot
of Agency Best Practices (Mobile Work Exchange)
- Government Publishing Office Act of 2014
- Senate bill would give GPO new name (Federal News Radio)