Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews on our daily show blogs.
In Depth Show Blog - Jan. 6, 2013
Monday - 1/6/2014, 5:22pm EST
Director of Public Sector Research
HealthCare.gov is processing applications far better today that it did on launch day Oct. 1. But the political and policy damage from the bad launch may affect the program for years. Bill Eggers, director of Public Sector Research for Deloitte, writes in Governing Magazine about a trap many people fall into when they launch projects.
Federal News Radio
More federal employees are on the job today than the Office of Personnel Management expected. OPM was prepared to take in almost 8,000 retirement applications in December, but they actually got less than 5,000. Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says he thinks he knows why so few people quit last month.
Director of Education, Workforce, and Income Security Issues
Government Accountability Office
Federal agencies across government use the Social Security Death Master File to check if benefits recipients have passed away. Some agencies have cited some success using that file to cut improper payments. But the Government Accountability Office finds some shortcomings with the Death Master File and the way SSA makes it available to your agency. Dan Bertoni, director of education, workforce, and income security issues at the GAO, explains what the Death Master File is, and where SSA gets the information in it.
Also on the Show:
- OPM seeks changes to
feds' benefits, insurance opportunities (Federal News Radio)
- Federal retirements taper off in
December (Federal News Radio)
- OPM wants to know who's in
charge of agency records management (Federal News Radio)
- DHS gives EAGLE II protesters a second look (Federal News Radio)