Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth Show Blog - November 26, 2013
Tuesday - 11/26/2013, 4:42pm EST
Jeremy Grant, senior executive adviser for identity management at NIST and leader of National Strategy for Trusted Identities in Cyberspace program office and Doug Glair, manager of Digital Identity Services, U.S. Postal Service
Jeremy Grant & Doug Glair
Identity management is one of the holdups for full-bore mobile commuting and teleworking at some agencies. And making sure the right people receive government services and benefits is cutting improper payments and saving money across government. Two experts on identity management joined Francis Rose for Executive Suite — Jeremy Grant of the National Institute of Standards and Technology Doug Glair of the U.S. Postal Service.
Federal Managers Association
Doing more with less is not a new refrain for federal employees already dealing with furloughs and pay freezes. But the concept may push some employees closer to a breaking point with public service.
Director, Interior Business Center
Department of the Interior
The Interior Business Center at the Interior Department is only a little more than a year old, at least as that name. The National Business Center was around for a long time before the name change last Oct. 1. Joe Ward, director of the Interior Business Center, says a lot has changed in his tenure at IBC not just the name.
Coalition for Government Procurement
Tools for running your agency's acquisition programs more smoothly and cheaper are available from the private sector, according to the Government Accountability Office. Now the trick is getting agencies to follow the GAO's recommendations. Roger Waldron is president of the Coalition for Government Procurement.
Federal News Radio
The National Security Agency says just because information is classified doesn't mean authorized users should only be able to handle it when they're tethered to their desks. As Federal News Radio's Jared Serbu reports, the agency's looking for ways to access classified information on tablets and smartphones over commercial wireless networks.
Federal News Radio
Federal government acquisition reform is about to get mixed up in the National Defense Authorization Act. Some members of the Senate will try to attach the Federal IT Acquisition Reform Act to the bill next week. Rep. Gerry Connolly (D-Va.) is one of the sponsors of the House version of the bill. He tells Executive Editor Jason Miller how FITARA is one part of the cure to the way agencies buy technology.
Also on the Show:
- Carter Presents Awards for Excellence in Acquisition (Dod)
- Feds who took TSP
withdrawals during shutdown locked out of contributing for next six months
(Federal News Radio)
- IG turns 'blind eye' to DFAS'
fudged financial records, Grassley reports (Federal News Radio)
- Virginia Senator: Don't Target Feds in Deficit Reduction Deal (Government Executive)