Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth Show Blog - November 22, 2013
Friday - 11/22/2013, 5:55pm EST
Jeff Neal, left, and Tim Hoeschst joined Francis Rose in the studio for Federal News Countdown (Photo by Michael O'Connell/Federal News Radio)
Jeff Neal, senior vice president at ICF International, and Tim Hoechst, chief technology officer at Agilex, help Francis Rose count down the top stories of the week on Federal News Countdown.
Director, Interior Business Center
Department of the Interior
The future of strategic sourcing has a five-year plan at the Interior Department. The Interior Business Center's new Strategic Plan for 2014 through 2018 is out. Joe Ward, director of the Interior Business Center, says one priority in developing the plan was integrating it with the mission of the full Interior Department.
The nomination process may get a little bit smoother for Congress now. The Senate is doing away with the filibuster for some nominations. But the long-term impact could be bad for the legislative process.
Federal News Radio
State and federal consumer protection officials tell Congress military members need more weapons against predatory lenders and other shady businesses. Those weapons include more consumer education, but also more law enforcement.
Federal News Radio
Another wave of buyouts at agencies across government was a prediction many HR experts made once the shutdown ended. But that prediction hasn't materialized. Federal News Radio Senior Correspondent Mike Causey writes this week that he hears rumors of buyouts and a few instances here and there, but no big wave of buyouts like he expected.
Also on the Show:
- Rutgers University-based Military Support Program Expands
- Presidential Nominations Sent to the
Senate (White House)
- White House pressed to fix 'broken' declassification system (Federal News Radio)