Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth Show Blog - November 14, 2013
Thursday - 11/14/2013, 5:46pm EST
Executive Vice President of Product & Co-founder
More agencies are seeking out mobile strategies. As more agencies make the move, they have more information and experience to work with. Joe Herres, executive vice president of product and co-founder of H3 Solutions, joined Francis Rose on Industry Chatter to talk about where agencies are on mobile, where they're going and where they should be going.
The IT piece of HealthCare.gov is struggling. Some call it a failure. But the policy piece of the Affordable Care Act may be the underlying problem. The House Oversight and Government Reform Committee looked at the website project and its management yesterday. Tom Temin from the Federal Drive says the administration is suffering from a crisis of competence.
Director of Defense Capabilities and Management Issues
Government Accountability Office
From the Navy Yard shooting to the security information breach by Edward Snowden, the current security clearance process needs changing, DoD says. The Government Accountability Office is asking agencies to analyze their personnel security clearance processes. Brenda Farrell, director of Defense Capabilities and Management Issues at the GAO, testified about the security clearance process to the House Homeland Security Counterterrorism and Intelligence Subcommittee yesterday.
More training opportunities for government and industry are coming from the ACT-IAC Academy. They are revamping their course offerings and their structure. Jim Beaupre, the new Director of the ACT IAC Academy and former head of the Industry Advisory Council, says some of the classes are new, but the Academy isn't.
Federal News Radio
The Air Force's acting secretary says the uncertainty around the federal budget makes it extremely hard to make decisions about the service's future shape and size. But he says even if Congress undoes the budget cuts, the service will need to get smaller.
Federal News Radio
The Federal Cloud Credential Exchange, or F-6, pilot is still in the early stages of development, but potential users are excited about how it could change the way agencies authenticate and authorize users of their systems. The Postal Service awarded a R15 million contract to SecureKey Technologies in August to develop and run the initial F-6 program. Just three months into the effort, agencies are eager to see the results.
Also on the Show:
- DOD Inspector General Hotline Reports Spike in Complaints
- Options for Reducing the Deficit:
2014 to 2023 (CBO)
- Federal probe questions TSA behavior
profiling (Federal News Radio)
- Head of Army warns of cost of sexual assault plan (Federal News Radio)