Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth Show Blog - October 30, 2013
Thursday - 10/31/2013, 11:16am EDT
This is the In Depth show blog. Here you can listen to our interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day, as well as links to other stories and resources we discuss.
American Enterprise Institute
A new panel in the House Armed Services Committee will look at reforming the acquisition process inside DoD. Committee Chairman Buck McKeon (R-Calif.) says the vice chairman of the committee, Rep. Mac Thornberry (R-Texas), will lead the panel. DoD's acquisition process takes a lot of criticism. But some parts of it should be a model for other agencies to use. Bill Greenwalt, a visting fellow at the American Enterprise Institute, testified to a subcommittee of the House Homeland Security Committee about how DHS could apply some lessons learned from the Pentagon. He talks about what he told the subcommittee.
Federal News Radio
One and a half percent is the verdict from the Social Security Administration on the cost of living adjustment for 2014. That's one of the lowest COLAs ever. Federal News Radio Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says it's a history maker.
Director, Key Executive Leadership Programs
The persistence of morale problems after the government shutdown was a theme I heard throughout the Executive Leadership Conference in Williamsburg this week. Federal leaders say the shutdown was another chink in the armor protecting the government from losing a lot of important employees. Leaders are thinking about how to deal with employees with low morale, but many of them tell me they're starting to think more about succession planning too.
Director of External Affairs
Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board
The end of the government shutdown meant the end of a small amount of panic among federal employees. The Thrift Savings Plan says it saw a huge increase in participants who took hardship withdrawals. And participants moved huge amounts of money from equity funds into the G fund. Kim Weaver, director of external affairs at the Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board, says it's a little too early to tell how profound the shutdown was for TSP account owners.
Federal News Radio
The Air Force lost 35 veteran contracting officers over the last year with a combined 700 years of federal experience. Instead of trying to replace them over time, the service is pooling its resources from across the world under a new installation contracting agency. Air Force Maj. Gen. Wendy Masiello is the director of contracting. Federal News Radio executive editor Jason Miller talked Masiello today after she spoke at the Coalition for Government Procurement's fall conference about the new contracting agency that launched Oct. 1.
Also on the Show:
- Lockheed Martin Brings Fireeye, Red Hat And Splunk To Its Cyber
Security Alliance (Lockheed Martin)
- 2014 COLA to rise 1.5 percent (Federal
- OPM Announces Increase in Percentage of Veterans Hired for the
Federal Executive Branch (OPM)
- President Obama
Announces More Key Administration Posts (White House)
- Readout of the President's Meeting with CEOs on Cybersecurity (White House)