Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews on our daily show blogs.
In Depth Show Blog - October 21, 2013
Monday - 10/21/2013, 4:39pm EDT
On the show today:
Former Associate Executive Director at USDA's
Center for Nutrition Policy and Promotion
The man who helped create food nutrition labels and replaced the food pyramid with the My Plate initiative is retiring. Robert Post is now the former Executive Director and the Associate Executive Director of Agriculture Department's Center for Nutrition Policy and Promotion. He tells Federal News Radio's Sean McCalley he feels lucky his work affects millions of Americans every single day.
Vice Chief of Staff
The Defense Department has had a rocky start to fiscal 2014. The road ahead doesn't look any easier, but the Pentagon is trying the make the best of a bad situation. Gen. John Campbell, the vice chief of staff of the Army, shares his insight from the annual conference of the Association of the U.S. Army, which began Monday.
The dust from the government shutdown is starting to settle, but another budget crisis might be right around the corner. David Hawking, senior editor at Roll Call, joins In Depth to discuss the looming congressional budget battles.
Federal News Radio
The end of the government shutdown had Washington breathing a sigh of relief. But outside the Beltway, the consequences seemed to be more serious than they were here. Federal News Radio Senior Correspondent Mike Causey writes about the reasons in his column today.
- OMB head warns more employee furloughs possible
- GSA names new Networx manager
- CyberPoint Wins $5.4M Advanced Cyber Research Contract for DARPA VET Program
- Ask the CIO: Cyber expert Spafford calls for more manager, employee accountability
- Marine Corps seeks better bang for its buck in family support programs