Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth Show Blog - October 21, 2013
Monday - 10/21/2013, 4:39pm EDT
This is the In Depth show blog. Here you can listen to our interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day, as well as links to other stories and resources we discuss.
On the show today:
Former Associate Executive Director at USDA's
Center for Nutrition Policy and Promotion
The man who helped create food nutrition labels and replaced the food pyramid with the My Plate initiative is retiring. Robert Post is now the former Executive Director and the Associate Executive Director of Agriculture Department's Center for Nutrition Policy and Promotion. He tells Federal News Radio's Sean McCalley he feels lucky his work affects millions of Americans every single day.
Vice Chief of Staff
The Defense Department has had a rocky start to fiscal 2014. The road ahead doesn't look any easier, but the Pentagon is trying the make the best of a bad situation. Gen. John Campbell, the vice chief of staff of the Army, shares his insight from the annual conference of the Association of the U.S. Army, which began Monday.
The dust from the government shutdown is starting to settle, but another budget crisis might be right around the corner. David Hawking, senior editor at Roll Call, joins In Depth to discuss the looming congressional budget battles.
Federal News Radio
The end of the government shutdown had Washington breathing a sigh of relief. But outside the Beltway, the consequences seemed to be more serious than they were here. Federal News Radio Senior Correspondent Mike Causey writes about the reasons in his column today.
- OMB head warns more employee furloughs possible
- GSA names new Networx manager
- CyberPoint Wins $5.4M Advanced Cyber Research Contract for DARPA VET Program
- Ask the CIO: Cyber expert Spafford calls for more manager, employee accountability
- Marine Corps seeks better bang for its buck in family support programs