Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews on our daily show blogs.
In Depth Show Blog - October 11, 2013
Friday - 10/11/2013, 6:05pm EDT
Founder and Chief Executive Officer
You may be anxious to get back to work, even if you're not supposed to be at work. Now you have a place to do it. Kathlene Buchanan is the founder and chief executive officer of Metro Offices. She tells Federal News Radio's Lauren Larson why they're opening their doors to feds as long as the government's doors are closed.
The State Department says it's close to another round of furloughs because of the government shutdown. But the Defense civilian workforce is almost 95 percent back to work after its furlough days. And as other agencies bring people back, the Department of Veterans Affairs has about 9,000 employees that are just starting their furloughs. The shutdown is more fluid than people thought it would be. Tom Shoop is editor in chief of Government Executive Magazine. He says it's not a total surprise.
Federal News Radio
The government shutdown is throwing sand in the gears of the private economy. A new staff report from the Senate Commerce Committee highlights some of the ways that's happening. But the authors of the report also point to several ways in which federal furloughs are jeopardizing public safety. Federal News Radio's Jared Serbu provides a breakdown.
Also on the Show:
Robert Shea, left, and Karen Evans joined Francis Rose on the Federal News Countdown.
On Federal News Countdown, Robert Shea, principal at Grant Thornton, and Karen Evans, national director of the U.S. Cyber Challenge, count down the top stories with Francis Rose.
- Army announces Cybersecurity Collaborative Research
Alliance to explore
underlying cyber science (Army)
- GEOINT Symposium Postponed to Spring 2014
- Sullivan: AUSA Annual Meeting is a Go (AISA)
- Presolicitation Notice for One Acquisition Solution for Integrated
Services (OASIS). (GSA)
- Shutdown delays COLA announcement (Federal
- You Are Essential (GovLoop)