Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth Show Blog - September 25, 2013
Wednesday - 9/25/2013, 7:48pm EDT
This is the In Depth show blog. Here you can listen to our interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day, as well as links to other stories and resources we discuss.
National Defense University
Sometimes a terrific job just lands in your lap without any warning. Lynn Simpson is senior advisor and OSD executive at the National Defense University. She's also a winner for this year's Causey Awards, named after Federal News Radio senior correspondent Mike Causey. She explains her work for the National Defense University that helped win the award.
Community Foundation for the National Capital Region
The charitable minds behind the multi-million dollar Survivors Fund after 9-11 are starting a new fund to help victims of the Navy Yard Shooting. The Community Foundation for the National Capital Region is also starting a fund to combat gun violence and provide mental health services.
Director of Defense Procurement and Acquisition Policy
A cost culture is a change at the Defense Department. Pentagon leaders say that cost culture will result in better procurements and better prices for the agency. Richard Ginman, director of Defense Procurement and Acquisition Policy, says some pointed questions will help Pentagon decision makers adapt to a cost culture.
Federal News Radio
The Treasury Department is finalizing a new set of requirements for agencies to provide financial management shared services. It's part of a broader effort to push agencies to federally-outsource financial management services over the next several years. Federal News Radio's executive editor Jason Miller discusses the details on the next steps to change how financial management services are delivered.
Federal News Radio
The National Institute of Standards and Technology says it's the "end of the beginning" for drafting the nation's first cybersecurity framework for protecting critical infrastructure. The agency says the document is just about finished, and should be ready for release by its due date in a few weeks.
Also on the Show:
On Pentagon Solutions, an hour-long look into challenges facing the Defense Department both inside and out of the building, we listened to highlights from a House Armed Services Committee hearing called "Planning for Sequestration in Fiscal Year 2014 and Perspectives of the Military Services on the Strategic Choices and Management Review."
The lineup includes Gen. James Amos, the commandant of the Marine Corps; Chief of Naval Operations Adm. Jonathan Greenert; Army Chief of Staff Gen. Ray Odierno and Air Force Chief of Staff Gen. Mark Welsh.
- Report: Pentagon could cut
thousands of employees (Federal News Radio)
- USPS seeks increase in cost of
stamps, to 49 cents (Federal News Radio)
- Shutdown poll: Will they or won't they?
(Federal News Radio)
- Alexander: Cybercom Activates National Mission Force Hq (DoD)