Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth Show Blog - September 23, 2013
Tuesday - 9/24/2013, 1:26pm EDT
Undersecretary of Science and Technology
Department of Homeland Security
Today is Tara O'Toole's last day as undersecretary of science and technology at the Homeland Security Department. During her time at DHS she helped the Science and Technology directorate survive a 53 percent budget reduction and even helped persuade Congress to reverse those cuts in fiscal 2012. She tells Federal News Radio's Sean McCalley the trick to getting a budget back is teaching employees how to market their own work.
Federal News Radio
The multi-billion dollar OASIS solicitation is facing a third protest. Aljucar, Anvil- Incus and Company files its second protest of OASIS. Federal News Radio's executive editor Jason Miller is here to tell us if OASIS will be stalled.
Founder and Chief Technology Officer
Two years is forever in the cyber world. An assesment of the last two years in cybersecurity is coming from Dr. James Miller, the under secretary of defense for policy. Bob Gourley is former chief technology officer for the Defense Intelligence Agency and he's founder and CTO of Crucial Point.
Federal News Radio
Naval Sea Systems Command is looking for work space to get back to its mission. Getting back to normal may be a futile exercise. Federal News Radio Senior Correspondent Mike Causey writes about that in his column today. He says a lot of his readers tell him they think about how it could have been them.
Director of Acquisition and Sourcing Management Issues
Government Accountability Office
The Homeland Security Department gets some good news and some bad news on its acquisition management. The good news is, the Government Accountability Office thinks the agency is making progress managing its acquisition programs. The bad news is, it's not enough progress to get them off the GAO's high risk list.
Deputy Director, Office of Human Resources
National Institutes of Health
Five winners are celebrating their selection as this year's Causey Award winners from Federal News Radio. Those winners demonstrated excellence in human resources. Phil Lenowitz is Deputy Director of the Offices of Human Resources at the National Institutes of Health. He says his motivation for professional success comes from some colorful athletes named Muhammed Ali and Joe Namath.
Read more about all of the 2013 Causey Award winners.
Also on the Show:
Combined Federal Campaign kicks off (Marines)
- Resiliency and Disaggregated Space Architectures (Air
- OMB gives agencies more
control over financial management systems (Federal News Radio)
- DHS' slow progress in centralizing acquisition frustrates Congress (Federal News Radio)