Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth Show Blog - September 16, 2013
Monday - 9/16/2013, 8:16pm EDT
In Depth provided updates all day on the shooting at the Naval Sea Systems Command Headquarters at the Navy complex.
Chief Information Officer/Chief Technology Officer
Internal Revenue Service
A twenty-year battle to modernize the tax processing system at the Internal Revenue Service is finally over. The Government Accountability Office took the system off its high-risk list this year, and the man responsible is earning some lofty recognition. Terence Milholland, chief information officer and chief technology officer at the Internal Revenue Service, was nominated for a Service to America Medal for his efforts. He joins In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss his accomplishment.
Visiting Fellow on Foreign Policy
An all-out cyber war hasn't happened yet, but it is possible. Ian Wallace, visiting fellow on foreign policy with the Center for 21st Century Security and Intelligence at the Brookings Institution, recently co-hosted an event with other cybersecurity experts at Brookings to discuss the possibility of a cyber war.
U.S. Naval Institute
The tragic shooting at the Naval Sea Systems Command is rocking the D.C. area. Sam Lagrone, online editor at the U.S. Naval Institute, provides an inside look at the Navy Yard office complex in Southeast D.C.
Director of Information Technology Management Issues
Government Accountability Office
Duplicative IT networks are costing federal agencies hundreds of millions of dollars. The Government Accountability Office has identified 12 potential IT systems that add up to more than $320 million in duplicative spending. David Powner, director of Information Technology Management Issues at GAO, joins In Depth with more from the report.
Federal Protective Service
Today's shootings at the Washington Navy Yard may make getting into your federal building harder in the coming days. Wendell Shingler, the former director of the Federal Protective Service, joins In Depth to discuss how agencies will likely heighten security in the coming days.