Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews on our daily show blogs.
In Depth Show Blog - September 11, 2013
Wednesday - 9/11/2013, 7:24pm EDT
The Homeland Security Department has some critical job openings on the 12th anniversary of 9-11. The most prominent one is secretary, but more than a dozen other high-level jobs don't have permanent occupants at DHS. David Olive is principal of Catalyst Partners, and founder and moderator of The Washington Homeland Security Roundtable.
Today's 12th anniversary of 9-11 is the backdrop for the latest in a series of hearings about the 10th anniversary of the Homeland Security Department. Adm. Thad Allen, former commandant of the Coast Guard, testified at today's Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee hearing and he says his experience on Sept. 11, 2001, continues to shape how he looks at the future of national security.
Federal News Radio
The House wants to take another crack at improving federal data transparency laws in the next few months. Republican leaders are promising to get the DATA Act a vote on the House floor. Federal News Radio executive editor Jason Miller is here with details on why some members of Congress think this time is different for the DATA Act.
Also on the Show:
On Pentagon Solutions, an hour-long look into challenges facing the Defense Department both inside and out of the building, we listened to highlights from an event at the Center for Strategic and International Studies. Participants examined DoD's Operational Energy for the upcoming decade as military branches restructure and draw down in the Middle East. Maren Leed moderated the event. She's senior adviser for the CSIS Harold Brown Chair in Defense Policy Studies and Ground Forces Dialogue. The main speakers were Sharon Burke, assistant secretary of Defense for Operational Energy Plans and Programs and Lt. Gen. Robert Ruark, director of logistics for the J-4 Joint Staff.
- Facebook, Yahoo want to disclose
FISA orders data (Federal News Radio)
- House CR funds gov't through Dec.
15, gives agencies flexibility to avoid furloughs (Federal News Radio)
- Obama nominates McKinsey
consultant as deputy director for management (Federal News Radio)
- 4th Cybersecurity Framework Workshop - September 11-13, 2013 (NIST)