Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth Show Blog - September 5, 2013
Thursday - 9/5/2013, 7:33pm EDT
The Ohio State University
Acquisition efficiency will save your agency big money in the coming years. Navigating the complexity of the acquisition process is one of the big holdups. Trevor Brown is an associate professor and the interim director at the John Glenn School of Public Affairs at the Ohio State University.
Director of Public Policy
Project On Government Oversight
A ruling from the Federal Court of Appeals says federal employees working in what an agency terms a "sensitive" position can't appeal disciplinary measures to the Merit Systems Protections Board. Hundreds of thousands of federal employees won't get civil-service protection from the MSPB. Angela Canterbury is director of public policy at Project On Government Oversight.
Chief of Naval Operations
Department of the Navy
The Navy is facing a wide range of challenges from sequestration to physical threats around the world. Adm. Jonathan Greenert, Chief of Naval Operations, spoke at the American Enterprise Institute about future military strategies during sequestration. Greenert says the Navy will need many years to recover from just the first year of sequestration.
Principal Analyst, Federal Information Services team
Nearly $50 billion sits in government accounts, ready to go out before the end of the month. Even with sequestration and all the budget uncertainty, that's a lot of money for agencies to spend fast. Jen Sakole, principal analyst on the Federal Information Services team at Deltek, is looking at where the money may go.
Also on the Show:
On Industry Chatter, Tony Bardo, assistant vice president for government solutions at Hughes, sheds light on a David and Goliath story that's taking place right now in the federal telecom space. Hughes is David and a group of telecom carriers serving the federal marketplace is Goliath.
- Energy ups number of
employees at risk after cyber attack to 53,000 (Federal News Radio)
- Retirement backlog falls in
August after OPM restores employee overtime (Federal News Radio)
- Executive Order 13520, Reducing Improper Payments - Fiscal Year
2012 High-Dollar Report Review (USDA)
- E-mail from DoE Deputy Chief of Staff Jonathan Levy
- Forest Service Ends Military Firefighting Aircraft Activation
- Information Sharing Environment 2013 Annual Report to Congress (ISE)