Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth Show Blog - August 28, 2013
Wednesday - 8/28/2013, 6:49pm EDT
This is the In Depth show blog. Here you can listen to our interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day, as well as links to other stories and resources we discuss.
Senior Vice President
Holding employees accountable is the point of the performance evaluations you do. But it isn't always the outcome. Doing it differently may give you the outcome you really want. Jeff Neal is senior vice president at ICF International and former chief human capital officer for the Department of Homeland Security.
Executive Director of Public Affairs
Associated General Contractors of America
New rules for hiring disabled and veteran employees at federal contracting companies are already unpopular. The Labor Department wants contractors to hire more people with disabilities and veterans, but the Associated General Contractors of America says the new rules will cost contractors billions of dollars to prove they're doing what they're already supposed to. Brian Turmail is executive director of public affairs at the Associated General Contractors of America.
Harold Brown Chair in Defense Policy Studies and Ground Forces Dialogue
Center for Strategic and International Studies
A 20 percent cut is coming at Pentagon headquarters. Former Air Force Secretary Michael Donley will lead the effort Secretary Chuck Hagel announced last month. Maren Leed is the Harold Brown Chair in Defense Policy Studies and Ground Forces Dialogue at the Center for Strategic and International Studies and a former senior adviser to the chief of staff of the Army.
Federal News Radio
With Defense dollars falling, the Army Reserve is embarking on a new project that its leaders believe will let its units get more overseas training without more money. For starters, the initiative will partner with other federal agencies and private companies to conduct projects in Africa and South America. Federal News Radio's Jared Serbu tagged along with a reserve unit for a trip on the Potomac River to kick off the new initiative.
Also on the Show:
Today, like every Wednesday, we hosted Pentagon Solutions, where we took a deep dive into policies and issues both inside and out of the building. Today we listened to highlights from two different sides of the country. We heard from Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel speaking to marines in Hawaii about sequestration and readiness. We also tuned into the Center for Strategic and International Studies here in Washington with Maj. Gen. Steven Kwast from the Air Force. He talked about plans and strategies for the upcoming Quadrennial Defense Review.
- New York
Times site outage caused by attack on domain registrar, company says
- A Framework for Designing Cryptographic Key Management
- Army advances standardized tactical computer (Army)
- Shared IT Architecture Leads to Cost Savings (DoD)
- Military civilian
medical workers quit after furloughs (USA Today)
- New rules set veteran, disability hiring benchmarks for federal contractors (Federal News Radio)