Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth Show Blog - August 27, 2013
Tuesday - 8/27/2013, 6:04pm EDT
This is the In Depth show blog. Here you can listen to our interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day, as well as links to other stories and resources we discuss.
The clock is ticking for Congress to get a budget complete for Fiscal 2014. As they negotiate what looks like another continuing resolution, Fiscal 2015 is the next project in your agency's budget shop. Robert Shea is principal at Grant Thornton and former associate director for Administration and Government Performance at OMB.
The days of the three-martini lunch and the flask of scotch in your desk are long gone or they're supposed to be. But some people are wondering if getting a little loose with the help of some well-timed cocktails could improve employee performance at your agency.
More than 6,000 civilian jobs may be on the chopping block at the Pentagon, according to some internal planning documents there. But some cynics on Capitol Hill think that plan may be less than it appears to be. Gordon Adams is professor at American University and Distinguished Fellow at the Stimson Center and former associate director for National Security and International Affairs at OMB.
Fluet, Huber & Hoang
The next step for the OASIS contract is a protest hearing. US Falcon dropped its protest of the final solicitation to the contract. The company filed its protest with the Government Accountability Office. But the contract still faces a protest at the agency level.
Federal News Radio
The Army Reserve has what it calls a classic out-of-balance problem. It has far more entry-level enlisted personnel and officers than it need and too few midgrade soldiers. Federal News Radio's Jared Serbu has more on how the Reserve is trying to manage its personnel on what officials call "shifting sands."
Also on the Show:
Every Tuesday is the Executive Suite, where we hear from executive leaders at agencies from across the entire federal government. Today, we listened to highlights from the Department of Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano. She delivered farewell remarks Tuesday morning at the National Press Club to talk about how the department changed during the 4 1/2 years of her leadership. Napolitano is stepping down in the beginning of September to become the next president of the University of California.
View the full video of DHS Secretary Jane Napolitano's speech here.
- Former Air
Force Secretary Michael Donley to lead Pentagon's drive for efficiencies
(Federal News Radio)
- Treasury says US will hit debt limit in
mid-Oct (Federal News Radio)
- OPM pushes telework
for March on Washington anniversary (Federal News Radio)
- Microsoft will craft XP patches
after April '14, but not for you(Computerworld)
- Curriculum, Policy Changes Mark Start of New DODEA School Year
Announces Initiation of its 100th Chapter (Digital Journal)
- Army advances standardized tactical computer (Army)