Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth Show Blog - Aug. 12, 2013
Monday - 8/12/2013, 5:48pm EDT
The American Council of Technology and Industry Advisory Council has a new strategic plan with four main priorities. Rick Holgate, ATF chief information officer, and Jim Williams, the new head of IAC, spoke with Francis Rose about what they hope to accomplish during their tenure. Both say ACT-IAC is doing something it's never done before.
Arnold & Porter
Your planning for the Affordable Care Act should include planning to spend more money. David Metzger, partner at Arnold & Porter, says federal contractors have some special requirements under ACA.
Director of National Institute on Drug Abuse
National Institutes of Health
Transformation of a Federal bureau results in the transformation of a medical specialty. Principal Deputy Director at the National Institutes of Health Larry Tabak says the National Institute on Drug Abuse has evolved into a neuroscience institute. He credits Dr. Nora Volkow, the institute's director. She's a finalist for the Science and Environment category in this year's Service to America medals.
Chief Research Analyst
The National Security Agency is reducing the number of people who have access to sensitive information, and they're doing it by cutting the number of system administrators by 90 percent. That's the job Edward Snowden held before he went to the private sector and then revealed government secrets. Richard Stiennon, chief research analyst at IT Harvest, is also a senior fellow at the International Cybersecurity Dialogue.
Director of Ordnance Technology Consortium
You're probably used to hearing horror stories about big acquisitions in the federal government, but finding the good news is not as hard as you might think. Donald Geiss, director of the Ordnance Technology Consortium at the Defense Department, wrote about successful defense acquisitions.
Assistant Deputy Director
TRICARE Management Activity
The landscape of TRICARE Prime services is changing. DoD is reducing the number of service areas starting Oct. 1. Mary Kaye Justis, chief of health plan integration and assistant deputy director of the TRICARE Management Activity, explains what prompted the reductions in PRIME service areas.
Acting Undersecretary of Rural Development
Many rural communities are stuck in slow motion in the area of electronic communication. Through the Smart Rural Communities Initiative, federal agencies, in addition to state and local stakeholders, are bringing broadband infrastructure to those areas. Doug O'Brian, acting undersecretary of rural development at the Agriculture Department, explains the initiative to Federal News Radio's Lauren Larson.