Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth Show Blog - Aug. 9, 2013
Friday - 8/9/2013, 7:45pm EDT
Bob Otto, executive vice president of advisory services at Agilex, and Jenny Mattingley of Shaw Bransford & Roth help Francis Rose choose the top news stories from the current week, that they think are most important to people who work for the federal government on Federal News Countdown.
Undersecretary of Defense, Comptroller, Chief Financial Officer
Department of Defense
Six furlough days is the latest total from the Department of Defense. Cutting five of them required taking money from all over the DoD budget. Robert Hale, undersecretary of Defense, comptroller and chief financial officer at the Department of Defense, explained the journey the Pentagon took to get to six furlough days total.
senior benefits director
National Institute of Transition Planning
Planning your future and your retirement gets emotional sometimes, but it's really a numbers game. Understanding - and crunching - the numbers can take a lot of the emotion out of the planning.
Related Story: NARFE Chapter Fashion Show
Director of Government Transaction Services
Office of Management and Budget
The job of your agency's chief information officer will change. The question is, how? That depends on the strategy your agency wants the CIO's office to pursue. Mark Forman is director of Government Transaction Services, and former E-Gov Administrator at the Office of Management and Budget.
Sequestration affects almost everything in government. The acquisition cycle looks different this year than any year in the past. Joanne Woytek, program manager at NASA SEWP, says the different look this year came as a bit of a surprise.
VA Acquisition Academy
Training dollars disappear all over government when budgets get tight. Demonstrating that training is worth the money will help you hold onto that money. Melissa Starinsky, chancellor of the Acquisition Academy at the Department of Veterans Affairs, says that ROI demonstration isn't as hard as it looks.
Director of Research
Computer processing power is embedded into places you might not even think of. One of the latest hacking advisories pertains to toilets. You can control one kind of toilet with an Android app and that means it's on the network, and accessible by hackers. Preparing for the Internet of Things adds another layer onto cybersecurity preparations.
Federal News Radio
The Defense Information Systems Agency says it's in the midst of a major push to overhaul the technology it uses to move voice, video and data communications all over the world every day. As Federal News Radio's Jared Serbu reports, the agency's planning several upcoming contracts to move to a concept called Unified Capabilities.
- Two protests filed on GSA's OASIS
(Federal News Radio)
- Postal Service had $740 million third-
quarter loss (Federal News Radio)
- HUD drops last 2 furlough days (Federal News Radio)